Pool Lifeguards - Summer Season
We have a number of fantastic opportunities for energetic full time and part time staff to join our summer season at our outdoor Memorial Park Pool. These are fixed term Lifeguard positions commencing early October 2019 and finishing end of April 2020. You will be required to commit to the entire term.
As a Lifeguard you will ensure that the health and safety of our customers is your number one priority. Supervising all activities within the facility, answering customer queries, making sure customers are enjoying their visit, and providing information on the programmes and services we offer will be part of your daily routine. We are very driven to ensure our facilities are immaculately presented at all times. In addition, you will be required to perform water tests, complete incident reports and carry out cleaning duties.
To be successful, you will:
- Be able to swim 200m in 6 minutes or less
- Have the ability to stand and/or walk for extended periods of time
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and be committed to providing an unparalleled customer experience
- Have the ability to retain professional demeanor, think clearly and remain calm during an emergency
- Be passionate about swimming and what the pools have to offer
- Have (or could obtain) a First Aid Certificate
- Having a valid Pool Lifeguard Practicing (PLPC) Certificate is desirable but not essential as full training can be provided
Our facility operates on a rolling roster basis, Monday to Sunday, so the ability to work early morning, late evening, weekend and public holiday shifts is essential.
In return, we are offering a competitive hourly wage, some very enviable staff benefits and the opportunity to enjoy your summer by the pool.
We look favourably upon individuals who are flexible, reliable and committed, and are able to share their knowledge and experience, while contributing to the wider community. We value diversity, so welcome applicants from all backgrounds and experience.
All applicants must have the legal right to work in New Zealand