Bay Venues proudly manages 24 venues spread across the Tauranga, Mount Maunganui and Papamoa regions. Our venues incorporate aquatic facilities, community centres, community halls, gyms, and the iconic Trustpower Baypark facility. We offer a broad range of leisure and event products, services and programmes with a core focus on customer value and service.
We are seeking an experienced shining star to join our hospitality team as Duty Manager for immediate start. This is a face-paced role within the events industry, with no two days alike. We cater for Gala dinners, conferences, concerts, exhibitions, seminars, charity events, sports events, and weddings, to name but a few. Our on-site Café/Bar also attracts a steady clientele, which will also sit within your day to day responsibilities. Although based at our Trustpower Baypark facility, you may be required to work across any of our venues, and possibly off site on occasions.
As Duty Manager, you will be responsible for the smooth delivery of the food and beverage service, and will ensure that your staff deliver against the required hygiene and service standards. Working closely and efficiently with other onsite event teams to ensure a professional and memorable experience for our clients. All aspects of the Sale of Liquor Act must be adhered to at all times.
To be successful in this role you must:
- Demonstrate proven staff supervisory skills and experience;
- Be flexible with hours required;
- Be able to demonstrate a high level of Health and Safety requirements
- Be a positive individual who is responsible and reliable;
- Have excellent organisational skills and be able to efficiently prioritise tasks;
- Be a fantastic team player, who can easily lead by example;
- Demonstrate good IT and administration skills, including experience with front of house computer systems;
- Have a current LCQ and Certificate, and be able to obtain a Duty Manager's licence within this region
In return, we are offering a permanent full time position of 35 hours plus per week, between Monday to Sunday, as rostered, with an attractive wage and excellent staff benefits. Previous experience in a similar role/environment and having a knowledge of the catering/events business is desirable.
We look favourably upon individuals who are flexible, reliable and committed, and are able to share their knowledge and experience, while contributing to the wider community. We value diversity, so welcome applicants from all backgrounds and experience.
All applicants must have the legal right to work in New Zealand