Lifeguard Team Leader
Bay Venues proudly manages 24 venues spread across the Tauranga, Mount Maunganui and Papamoa regions. Our venues incorporate aquatic facilities, community centres, community halls, gyms, and the iconic Trustpower Baypark facility. We offer a broad range of leisure and event products, services and programmes with a core focus on customer value and service.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and motivated individual to join our team of Lifeguards as the Team Leader, based at Baywave Aquatic Centre. Hours will be 35 plus hours per week, Monday to Sunday.
The ability to work early morning, late evening, weekend and public holiday shifts is essential. All Lifeguards are required to have the capability to work at any facility across the network, so flexibility is essential.
You will have the opportunity to build great relationships with staff and customers, along with providing people from Tauranga, New Zealand and all over the world with the best possible customer experience while staying in "The Bay".
To be successful in this position you must:
- Be able to swim 200m in 6 minutes or less
- Have the ability to stand and/or walk for extended periods of time
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and be committed to providing an unparalleled customer experience
- Be a committed team player, who is able to act in a proactive manner
- Have the ability to retain professional demeanor, think clearly and remain calm during an emergency
- Be passionate about swimming and what the pools have to offer
- Have (or could obtain) a First Aid Certificate
- Having a valid Pool Lifeguard Practicing (PLPC) Certificate is desirable but not essential as full training can be provided
In return, we offer a competitive hourly rate plus a range of excellent staff benefits.
We look favourably upon individuals who are flexible, reliable and committed, and are able to share their knowledge and experience, while contributing to the wider community. We value diversity, so welcome applicants from all backgrounds and experience.
All applicants must have the legal right to work in New Zealand