Full Time Wait Person - Bay Venues
Bay Venues Ltd manages the network of recreational facilities in Tauranga including Trustpower Baypark, the High Performance Centre, aquatic facilities, indoor sporting facilities, community centres and halls. We offer a broad range of programmes, events and venues across Tauranga and the wider region, and in doing so, aim to deliver the highest standard of customer service and excellent value to Tauranga residents and visitors to our region.
We have a fantastic opportunity for an energetic Wait Person to join our Baypark catering team on a full-time basis.
As Wait Person, you will ensure that all customers are treated in a professional and timely manner, by ensuring that all food and beverage items are checked for quality and presentation. You will accurately and efficiently communicate with the back of house and front of house staff, to ensure a seamless service. The highest standards of hygiene and all aspects of the Sale of Liquor Act must be adhered to at all times.
To be successful in this role you must:
- Be a bubbly and friendly individual
- Be positive, well presented, responsible and reliable
- Have excellent organisational skills and be able to efficiently prioritise tasks
- Be a fantastic team player, who can easily lead by example
- Demonstrate good IT skills, including experience with front of house computer systems
- Have experience in delivering exceptional customer service
- Barista skills would be advantageous
In return, we are offering 35 hours per week, rostered between Monday to Sunday. Some shifts will include weekends, after hours, and public holidays, so flexibility is essential. This position is based at our iconic Baypark facility, but may also involve working within our other venues. In return, we offer a competitive wage, excellent staff benefits, and a diverse and exciting work environment.
All applicants must have the legal right to work in New Zealand