Lifeguards - Mt Hot Pools, Baywave, Greerton Aquatic Centre, Otumoetai Pool
Bay Venues proudly manages 24 venues spread across the Tauranga, Mount Maunganui and Papamoa regions. Our venues incorporate aquatic facilities, community centres, community halls, gyms, and the iconic Trustpower Baypark facility. We offer a broad range of leisure and event products, services and programmes with a core focus on customer value and service.
We have an exciting opportunity for enthusiastic and motivated individuals to join our team of Lifeguards at one of our fantastic sites which includes Mt Hot Pools, Baywave, Greerton Aquatic Centre and Otumoetai Pool.
You will have the opportunity to build great relationships with staff and customers, while also maintaining their safety in the water.
To be successful in this position you must:
- Be able to swim 200m in 6 minutes or less
- Have the ability to stand and/or walk for extended periods of time
- Be a committed team player, who is able to act in a proactive manner
- Have the ability to retain professional demeanor, think clearly and remain calm during an emergency
- Be passionate about swimming and what the pools have to offer
- Have (or could obtain) a First Aid Certificate
- Having a valid Pool Lifeguard Practicing (PLPC) Certificate is desirable but not essential as full training can be provided
Our next PLPC training dates will be early February and will consist of two full days of training.
We are offering full time, part time and casual positions. Our Aquatic facilities operate on a rolling roster basis, so the ability to work early morning, late evening, weekend and public holiday shifts is essential. All Lifeguards are required to have the capability to work at any facility across the network, so flexibility is required
In return, we offer a competitive hourly rate plus a range of excellent staff benefits including a free gym membership and unlimited use of our aquatics facilities.
All applicants must have the legal right to work in New Zealand