Senior Receptionist - Fixed Term
Bay Venues is the kaitiaki of community facilities in Tauranga. This includes five aquatic facilities, the iconic Baypark & Trustpower Arena facility, the Adams Centre for High-Performance Sport, four indoor sporting facilities, three community centres and eight community halls. Within these facilities we host and manage a broad range of activities and programmes to enhance the quality of life for the residents and visitors of Tauranga City. For more information visit bayvenues.co.nz.
We are seeking a talented and passionate Senior Receptionist, or a highly experienced Receptionist who is looking to take the next step in their career and use their talents to create a vibrant culture within our Bay Venues reception team.
This full-time role is based at our aquatic venues - the newly refurbished Mount Hot Pools and Baywave and Greerton Aquatic & Leisure Centres, but you will be a part of the larger Bay Venues family and may be required to cover shifts at one of our other sites.
As our Senior Receptionist, you will rostered on to the front desk to meet and greet our valued customers. You will be responsible for assisting our Reception Team Leader and will undertake various administration tasks including banking and staff rostering. This role will require you to be our on-call Reception Supervisor one week out of a four week cycle.
We are looking for someone with:
- Previous experience in reception at a supervisory level, or a minimum of 5 years' experience.
- The ability to give customers an outstanding experience
- Cash handling experience and the ability to complete end of shift cash-ups accurately and in a timely manner.
- Super savvy administration skills, organised, detailed and accurate are words we want to be able to use to describe you
- A level head with the ability to keep your cool when dealing with super busy, stressful or emergency situations
- Reliability. Arriving on time with a smile and supporting your team are non-negotiables
- A high level of personal presentation.
We are offering an average of 38 hours per week with the opportunity to pick up additional shifts if desired. We are looking for candidates who can commit to a range of shifts between 5.30am to 10.30pm, including weekends, public holidays and school holidays. This is a fixed term role covering parental leave until 20th June 2022.
In return for your commitment, we offer excellent staff benefits including a free gym membership, unlimited use of our aquatic facilities for you and your immediate family, as well as discounts on our programmes, services, and merchandise! We have a great team culture and enjoy regular staff functions with the wider Bay Venues family. This would be an excellent step up in your career into a leadership role.
To apply please submit a copy of your CV, along with an accompanying letter outlining what makes you perfect for this role.
All applicants must have the legal right to work in New Zealand.